Operating SystemMobile Review
Week 7 was dominated by a pair of smartphones - the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro, with last minute leaks and coverage of the announcement dominating our best read story list. We also got a bunch of leaks as is typical for this part of the year. The Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 9 proved more popular than the Galaxy S9, while the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s also gained a lot of interest. It wasn't all unofficial stuff either - Samsung released a bunch of teaser videos for its upcoming flagship pair and sent some of its official accessories to its retail partners. In other news the...
There's a surprise - after leading our trending chart for five weeks as a rumored phone the Xiaomi Redmi 5 couldn't retain the lead once it became official. The reason being its Pro version, which debuted alongside it and shot straight to the top of our popularity contest. And to make this an even better week for the Chinese manufacturer, the Xiaomi Mi A1 takes third. A trio of Samsung phones follows - the current Galaxy S8 flagship, its upcoming Galaxy S9 successor and the mid-ranger Galaxy Galaxy J7 Pro. Huawei Honor 9 Lite slides behind another Xiaomi - the Redmi 5A, while the...
In our sixth Sunday Debate we are arguing stock Android against custom ROM. What do you prefer - neat and clean OS or as many features out of the box as possible? Yordan: Custom ROMs mean you value your time 2012 was a marvelous year - we had the London Olympics, the viral "Kony 2012" video and for a brief time, the world was going to end until it didn't. It was also the time when Google launched its first tablet Nexus 7 with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean that was my first pure Android experience. I loved the simplicity of the OS for a brief time until I started missing some...
We often argue about ergonomics at the office - hard to grip screens with curved sides are the usual talking point, especially when it comes to one-handed use. But recently we started thinking about weight. Have phones become too heavy? Typing is the biggest problem - the keyboard is at the bottom of the screen and you need to reach from the left side to the right side. This means you hold the lower half of the phone and you don't grip the phone securely (because then you can't reach the farther edge of the screen). There are plenty of phones that weigh 200g - iPhone 8 Plus, Galaxy...
This week we'll do something more visual instead of the usual wordy Counterclockwise article. We remember some old phones as having great cameras, but did they, really? Or is this a case of remembering only the good things? So, we picked out flagship lines known for their cameras - it's not a comprehensive list by any measure - and cropped out a part of a low light photo, the one you'll find in our Photo Quality Comparison tool. Note that we're not comparing iPhone vs. Galaxy, Xperia vs. Huawei. Instead, we wanted to see how much each maker improved its own cameras through the years....
1) Mobile phones have huge chances of getting damaged if any water / Oil / milk / tea /Cold drink / curry / shaving foam may get in as mobile phones are susceptible to liquid logging.
2) Keeping Bluetooth on unnecessarily increases the chances of your mobile catching to malicious viruses.Bluetooth should be turned on only when it is required.
3) To enhance the life of your charger it must be unwound and disentangled.
4) While removing the battery it's always advisable to first switch the handset off.
5) Use fingers while pressing the keys. Fingernails or sharp objects may damage the keypad.
6) Use the accessories as recommended by the manufacturer whenever needed.
7) When your phone is out of network coverage, switch off the handset or else the battery may get drained.
8) Remove the battery and keep it separately if your mobile phone is not used for long time.
9) There are four kinds of batteries available in the market. Always go for the Lithium Polymer battery as it represents blending of capacity, size and value.
10) If you know you're travelling to an area without coverage or with only roaming coverage, consider turning off your cell phone. It can use up a lot of power trying to find a suitable network.